Wow I can’t believe June is already coming to end. I really can’t wait because it’s my companies fiscal year end and it has been one HELL of a month. Now, my body doesn’t handle stress well, and I’m already a naturally anxious person. I usually get migraines, panic attacks, hives, and (if I’m not careful) I will get pancreatitis (because of all the medications I take to keep myself going). Luckily, I’ve only had a few migraines (mostly because of allergies and this hot and cold weather) and I’ve had maybe 2 panic attacks (which is surprisingly good). So this monthly favorites is going to be a little different, I’ll have my makeup/beauty faves & at the end what I’ve been using to keep my body [semi] healthy.
- Redken Extreme Line – My stylist recommended this to me the last time I saw her because she knows I’ve been trying to watch my spending and the Pureology line is pretty pricey. I’ve been using the shampoo, conditioner, and Cat 40 and OMG I am in love. I think I actually like this better then the Pureology ones and it’s half the price. My hair feels amazing AND I just recently bleached it again (I’m trying to go back to blonde by next summer, so we’re taking the red out and toning it to a brown until it can get light enough).
- Celking Peptide Makeup Remover Wipes – I never like spending money on wipes because I generally think it’s a waste, but these are worth every penny. I feel like the texture of my face has improved since using it. Note, I ran out last week and I went back to using my reg wipes and I started breaking out again.
- LAVO Giro Spin Head Brush – Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE my Foreo, but I sometimes I feel like it’s just not cleaning as deeply as I would like. This brush cleans my face so well, but if I use it more than once a day, my face will get micro abrasions. So I have to be really careful to not wash it for too long and if I notice irritation, I’ll stop using it for a few days and go back to only using the Foreo.
- Rose Hip Oil – Melissa Alatorre (on YouTube) always RAVES about Rose Hip oil on her snapchats, so naturally I had to try it. I grabbed this bottle from Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals on Amazon, and I think it’s really helping with evening out my skin texture. I used to have some SUPER dry patches and some normal dry patches, but it’s all even now, and even starting to be just NORMAL instead of dry all the time.
- EOS Lib Balm – These have been a favorite of mine for awhile, but I’m glad they started making it in a stick version which makes me SOOO excited. I don’t like the awkwardness of the ball shape (to be honest) and I think because it has to stay in that shape it’s a little more waxy. This one just seems to go on more smooth than the other (I could just be crazy, who knows).
- MakeUp ForEver Step 1 Nourishing – Since my face is starting to normalize out, I don’t need the Hydrating primer as much now. I still use it if I’m feeling extra dry that day, but the Nourishing one is still hydrating, just not as intense.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – I LOVE the texture of this. It’s perfectly in between the Urban Decay Weightless Concealer and the Tarte Maracuja Concealer. It’s smooth and creamy and is very lightweight with a full coverage. It’s great for summertime when I want my makeup to be more lightweight.
- MUD Cosmetics Bronzer in Endless Summer – If you saw my recent bronzer post, you know it’s one of my faves. I LOVE using this to warm up my skin to make it look like I’ve been tanning. I love that it’s NOT shimmery at all, and it goes one super smooth. It’s a warm color but it’s not orange (despite that picture). I would be careful if you’re on the fair side. This is more ideals for medium to tan skin tones.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Fearless – This blush really lives up to its name. It lasts ALL day even when I’m working 8+ hours in a hot humid warehouse (doing inventory). This color is fantastic too! It’s such a pretty bright summery pop of color. It’s not a super intense color and I think it would even work on fair skin if you go light handed (or use a SUPER fluffy brush). I really want more shades.
So for those of you who are curious on how I’m managing my stress levels, here’s what I’ve been using:
- I use a lot of essential oils. Mostly, peppermint, and eucalyptus (not together, but depending on my mood) – I use this with a diffuser / humidifier (I have this one in the living room and this one in the bedroom, and they both work fabulously).
- I’ve been using the Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Eucalyptus Tea Body Cream as often as I can remember to put it on.
- I take the Doterra On Guard beadlets when I’m starting to feel sick. (I can’t take antibiotics due to my chronic pancreatitis).
- I consume as much peppermint (tea, Altoids, Doterra beadlets) as I can to help with indigestion, and snack on ginger candies (also to help with digestion).
- When I’m starting to feel EXTRA stressed I use my diffuser and put a few drops of the Plant Guru Stress Relief essential oil blend and just marinate in it overnight and usually for a few days, and I start to notice that panic bubble go away.
My mom is actually the one who got me into essential oils and at first I thought it was kinda one of those placebo effects type thing, but it really has actually helped my health in so many ways (let me know if you want a post about it).
Anyway, if you have any questions, let me know. I’m a total open book about my anxiety, and all the ridiculous health issues I have, because I feel like talking about it not only helps me, but it also helps other people who live with the same struggles.